Saturday, October 27, 2012

Freedom: Day One

Did I mention that I was quitting my job? Well, yesterday was my last day. After two years of surprisingly physically demanding work with little to no confidence about the amount of hours I'd earn each week, it's finally time for a change.

So today is officially my first day of freedom! Yesterday after work nearly everyone I knew from our project came to celebrate with me at the bar. It was a brilliant evening, and I pretty much wanted to cry the entire way home afterwards. I love my (former) coworkers beyond measure. They are beautiful, wonderful people who made every day I spent with them better. No exaggeration. I couldn't have lasted at that job nearly as long without them. Thankfully, I only live an hour away so it's not impossible for me to see them again.

Plus they got me this awesome present: 

Foxes! They know me so well.
So what have I done with Day One?

Woke up late feeling surprisingly okay considering what I drank at the bar. Lounged around then went and got a huge breakfast with The Boy. Did some shopping because - haven't you heard? - the Frankenstorm is coming. (Yeah right.) We came home and watched some of a Harry Potter movie. Then I made dinner (hahahaha! yeah, I made ramen) and now he's playing D&D and I'm blogging.

Don't I have the best life EVER?

Well, it's about to get a lot better. There will be ongoing reports - unless Frankie, er, Sandy knocks the power out. Ciao, bellas!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and good luck. You're the second person I know at a distance who for some reason or another isn't working atm (the other does a podcast I enjoy) i hope you enjoy your new found freedom and whatever that entails.

    I assume you're going to do NaNoWriMo, good luck with that! I have some internet-bros who might be doing it too. I guess you're technically an internet-bro but it's different. Maybe i'll get to see your face around the frozen Metro-DC during the holiday times

    ReplyDelete