Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Home Buying Adventure

So I mentioned in my last post that the boy and I had our offer accepted on our first house.On Friday, the inspectors came to give us the bad news.


Needs an entirely new roof.


Garage has carpenter ant and termite damage.

BUT


Look at those beautiful hardwood floors.


And the huge yard.

There are a lot of other great things too. The roof and the damage to the garage (which also - surprise - needs a new roof) are the worst. Electrical is fine, foundation is fine... etc etc. We're hoping to negotiate a bit more, and hopefully close around the end of June.

I mean... Look at this living room.


That archway passes through to the formal dining room. The french door goes into what will become my office (hallelujah!). And beyond that is the kitchen - big enough for both a built-in work station and space for an eat-in table and chairs. Huge master bedroom with an en suite bathroom, and guest bedroom upstairs.

Yeah, I'm totally in love with it. I'm optimistic everything is going to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment