Saturday, February 1, 2014

New story blog!

Hi, all. I know I'm awful at the frequent update thing. But part of what has been keeping me away is a new project. I just started a story blog for a "magical girl" project I'm working on... Holyoak Five.

Link to Holyoak Five



A brief summary: 

Ever since the Witches Recognition Act of 1999, modern society has come to accept witches as a part of life. But as most witches continue to lead solitary lives out of the public view, there aren’t many who see them day to day. This isn’t true for the residents of Holyoak, Vermont. Every year over a hundred young witches come to study their craft on the hill overlooking town at the Witches College of Holyoak.
And this year, the college is getting five new students destined to change the craft forever.

If it sounds interesting to you, please check it out! Read it especially if the idea of Sailor Moon meets Kiki’s Delivery Service with a dash of Harry Potter tickles your fancy. I am also running a Tumblr for it (Holyoak Five on Tumblr) so you can try a different format if that's more your style.

I'm pretty excited about this project. It's something fun and easy to write, and hopefully enjoyable to read. It'll get heavier as the series progresses, but the beginning should be fairly light and fluffy. Although even as I say that, the first post is a bit on the downer side.... Ah well! All stories must begin somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment