Monday, April 14, 2014

April Write Motivation Goals

Hey, look at that. It's April 14th and I've haven't posted a thing about my goals for this month. Whoops!

My goals:
  1. Do Camp NaNoWriMo with a word count goal of at least 27k for the month.
  2. Finish rough draft of my WIP novel.
  3. Keep posting weekly episodes of Holyoak Five.
  4. Replace playing video games with reading books.
So the general plan for this month is to skyrocket into writing bliss based on all the good habits I started (fairly successfully) last month.

Progress so far:

Camp NaNoWriMo: Started out slow. Going much better after Saturday's Writeathon where I wrote 3k words. I'm currently sitting at just under 9k words for the month... Which is fine, it's all right, I can't complain. (Who am I going to complain to anyway? My boyfriend knows the drill by know. He just rolls his eyes and says, "Write, bitch!" Oh, I love him.) But I felt like the 27k goal was a minimum and am a teensy bit mad at myself for not being ahead of the curve.

Finish rough draft of Grave of the Goddess: My frustration with this as been at astronomical levels. I keep plugging away at it, but there's still so much left. In that vein, I have made some pretty drastic amendments to my daily schedule. I've got a list of about six "approved" activities I can participate in, and writing is number one. This has been going on since last Wednesday, and so far I've finished reading four books and written thousands of words. So... you know... I think it's going well!

Keep posting weekly episode of Holyoak Five: Falling behind. I'm about to go make an author's note post explaining that episodes might have to be biweekly now until I'm done with Grave. (I'm still writing it every day, but my concentration has definitely shifted to Grave.)

Replace video games with books: WOO! Totally, wildly successful. I'm catching up on my GoodReads challenge with a vengeance. Of course, it helps that I've cut out all tv/Netflix binging as well. (Other than Red Sox games, Game of Thrones, and the occasional Nature documentary in bed with the boy.)

So that's me so far this month. I have high hopes for finishing Grave soon at which point it goes out to beta reading, I start rewriting, and a lot of tears fall into every meal I consume for the next few months. You know how it goes.


6 comments:

  1. I'm thinking I'm going to have to revise my camp nano goal - it was 60k, and I've been stalled at just over 5k for over a week now, because life. Blah.

    Good job with your goals! So much progress made. I'm a little envious, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, life really is the great word-killer. I'm lucky (in a way) that I am unemployed and only have myself, my boyfriend, and 2 cats to worry about on a day-to-day basis. Trying to take advantage of this unprecedented situation while I can! That being said, 60k is a huge goal! Holy cow. I struggle to get to just 50k every November. So kudos for even setting the bar that high. And I'm sure however many words you do this month, it will be better than none!

      Thanks for dropping by with the encouragement. I appreciate it heaps and tons. :)

      Delete
  2. Life sure is a word killer. I haven't done anything on my WIP in a while. Between work, TheHubs, TheBoy, being a MomMom...it's all sucking lately! So utterly exhausted. I really hope to get back into it! Glad you've managed on your goals! <3
    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you'll get back on that WIP horse too soon, I'm sure. :)

      Delete
  3. ha! love that inspirational cry, "write, bitch!" and oddly, i do find that supportive. great work on your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? He texts me from work now and then and I'm always like, "Damn! He caught me! I gotta keep writing!"

      Thank you :)

      Delete