Wednesday, July 21, 2010

An ominous storm is brewing...

I am sitting in the Academic Commons watching the rain pour down. This place has immense windows, so it's a bit like being underwater... Just sheets and sheets of it coming down from the sky. The thunder is rolling fairly constantly. Lightning keeps flashing in the corner of my eye. A little while ago, there was an announcement that there are multiple thunderstorm warnings and a tornado watch here in Worcester. The announcer said "If you have a safe place to go, I would go there."

Ha! Josh and I are sitting here editing and writing because the AC is an oasis of quiet and non-distraction. The weather simply makes it better in my opinion. Now I can't leave unless I want to get soaked. Write, the world says to me, write! Precipitation makes for wonderful writing weather.

I've decided to implement an interesting technique someone mentioned on the Absolute Write forums for getting solid writing down every day. I've made Write Or Die my home page, Every time I open my web browser, I am requiring myself to write for ten minutes before doing anything else. Hopefully this will jump start my goal of finishing a chapter of Face the Flames every week until I get the first draft (all 36 monstrous chapters of it) done.

No comments:

Post a Comment