Thursday, July 29, 2010

Booking Through Thursday

I love reading the questions and answers over at Booking Through Thursday, so I thought I'd start participating in them. (Good incentive to keep my reading list active.. Not that I need incentive, but I need new places to find more books to read.)

So today's question is: Which fictional character (or group of characters) would you like to spend a day at the beach with? Why would he/she/they make good beach buddies?


I'm tempted to answer this by nominating either the Gentlemen Bastards of The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch OR Kvothe from The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. They're the two best books I've read recently. The Gentlemen Bastards would be hilarious fun to hang out with and we'd probably get up to some ridiculous hijinks on a crowded beach (which would be a great way to pass time as I hate crowded beaches.) But if it was a pretty lonely beach, I'd rather spend it with Kvothe. He's clever and funny and a musician besides. Only thing that makes a day at the beach better is sharing it with someone who can turn it into a mystical experience....

2 comments:

  1. Oohh, now I want to read those. Kvothe sounds like a very cool character...fun question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you scare me, R. I have had "Lies" on a shelf for a year or so, and read it last month. I bought it on the suggestion of a clerk at a bookstore as being in the same vein as The Name of the Wind (whose sequel is at the publisher and should be out this fall) which is EXCELLENT!

    Your brother was interested in the book I had with me on my trip - Quantico by Greg Bear. So there is your next stop.

    ReplyDelete