Friday, March 28, 2014

About A Girl

It's dark and gloomy outside and I'm sitting at my dining room table listening to Nirvana. How's that for a Friday morning?

The second half of this month has been a total wash for me in terms of progress in my writing. Write Motivation is a great thing, but I've been backsliding like crazy. Last week, I went out and did social stuff four days in a row. I had a great time in the moment, but damn did I miss some serious recharging time. (I'm a big ole introvert if you didn't already know.) So that's basically what I've been doing since Sunday night. Which is why I've been remiss in blog posting, still haven't finished the episode of Holyoak Five that was supposed to be up last Friday, and have fallen behind on every other goal on my list.


Yesterday, I tried to do the write-all-day thing - but I drank waaaaaay too much coffee and spent several hours trying to bring myself down to earth again. (Stupid caffeine sensitivity.)

Today I'm back to one cup of coffee, no sugar. Also attempting to get the house back in order... Although to be fair, I've done a ton of dishes and laundry in the past few days... But the big thing is to get my writing schedule on track. Ugh. I suck at forming habits that stick.

Actually, I've been pondering that problem, and I'm thinking that part of why I suck so much at habit-forming is how I self-treat my anxiety/depression issues. A lot of it is straight avoidance of "responsibilities" in favor of "turn your brain off" activities. (...I play a lot of Pokemon and watch a lot of Netflix. Sometimes I read a book or two.)

I'm not saying I think this is healthy. But sometimes it does feel necessary. If only to give me a kick when I reach the end of my rope and realize, oh hey, I would actually like to be a functioning human being!

No comments:

Post a Comment