Monday, June 30, 2014

Book Quiz - with bonus reaction gifs!

I love doing quizzess and also reading other people's responses to them! So if you do this too, please leave me a link in the comments. :)

I grabbed this from Miz B over at Should Be Reading who did it courtesy of Alicia @ Awesome Book Assessment.

Top 3 bookish pet peeves?
  1. Bad writing with a great premise.
  2. Good writing with an unoriginal premise/characters.
  3. People who don't return books they've borrowed. (To be fair, I only get annoyed after a year...)
 
Perfect reading spot?
One of my great pleasures in life is finding a new perfect reading spot every other week. Right now it's a folding chair in the backyard.



3 Bookish confessions?
  1. I'm a sucker for tragic romance.
  2. Sometimes I let books stack up in piles all over my house just because I like the way it looks.
  3. Roughly half the books I own I've started reading and never finished. Not because I didn't like them, but just because I got distracted by something else!


When was the last time you cried during a book?
I definitely teared up when I reread Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Peterson a few months ago. Even though I knew it was coming. Sigh.



How many books are on your bedside table?
There are 3 right now: The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice, The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander, and The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. All of which I started reading months ago and have subsequently suffered the "Rachel go distracted by something else" curse.



What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
I have found that I don't really snack while I read anymore. It's either nothing - or sitting down to a full meal.



Name 3 books you’d recommend to everyone.
  1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  2. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
  3. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling


Write how much books mean to you in 3 words.
Past, present, future.



What is your biggest reading secret?
Probably every fourth book I read is a schlock-y romance novel. Just because they're fun and brainless.




Who I’m tagging:

4 comments:

  1. I also love to see books pile up :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/06/musing-mondays_30.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! :D

      (ooh, and good luck with your debut novel! That's really exciting.)

      Delete
  2. I loved Bridge to Terabithia.
    Is the book anything like the movie?

    ReplyDelete