Thursday, June 5, 2014

Life Update: May-June Edition

Usually when I am remiss in posting to this blog it's because I don't think anything interesting is happening in my life.

That is definitely not the case this time.

I haven't been writing much since I finished Grave of the Goddess so maybe that fact alone is why I haven't been keeping up with my blog. But I've also been extraordinarily busy trying to keep up with all of the crazy things suddenly going on in my life.

Just after finishing Grave, I went to stay with my BFF for a few days in Boston. (Psst, the Quilt exhibit at the MFA right now is stellar.) I drove her back to my house and our other BFF from college came up from FL with her boyfriend to visit for a long weekend. We all took a trip to see said college (and town) for a day. Oh happy nostalgia. When she had to leave, I took BFF back to Boston and then came home ready to buckle down on the job hunt before diving into editing Grave.

Yeah right. You know what they say about best laid plans and all that... I spent a WEEK trying to fix unexpected car trouble. And then I found out that my grandparents are trying to sell their house this summer. So now I'm in New Hampshire with them, my dad, and my aunt helping them arrange a gigantic yard sale and generally get ready to move.

I haven't had much time to think, let alone write. We are all also trying to rally around another relative who is struggling with depression. ....and then to top everything off, my boy just found out that he probably won't have a job in the fall.

So... yay. Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment