Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Is For Pressing Onward

I pretty much already stated by Write Motivation goals for May in my last post, but I figured I'd do something a little more official. Because, you know, I can.

Writing Goals for May

  1. Finish rough draft of Grave of the Goddess
  2. Take an honest break from writing Grave after sending it to beta readers
  3. Write enough of Holyoak Five that I can start a queue for posting episodes every week
  4. After at least a week's break, start revisions of Grave
I think all of that's pretty doable. I just hope I'm done with this rough draft in less than two weeks. My five year college reunion is coming up (I know, don't even talk to me) and one of my best friends in the world is coming to visit! I haven't seen her in... jeez... more than two years? We plan to have a personal reunion with my other best friend forever who is finishing up her first year of grad school as we speak.

I'm so excited!

And all of that aside, I'm also trying to press onward with the overhaul of our yard. Since we moved into the house at the end of last summer, we didn't do much in the way of yard work other than mowing the lawn a couple of time and trimming some of the more gregarious growth on the weeping cherry tree out front. Now every chance I get I'm out there with a rake and clippers, attacking the layers of dead leaves and tangled remnants of whatever someone planted years ago. There were tenants living in this house for a couple of years and I'm pretty positive they did ZERO yard work. I keep finding the strangest bits of plastic and trash in the strangest places... I shudder to think what I'll find when it gets really warm and I attack cleaning the basement.

One more thing before I go. I recently noticed that this little blog of mine turned five about a week and a half ago. I've been pretty terrible about posting here regularly up until this year, but I thought it was interesting that I started this my last semester of college and almost all of my posts have been about writing and reading and trying like hell to mesh my everyday life with love of those activities. There are some fun things in my archives.

That's all from me for now. I'm gonna go read up on other people's goals for the month and hope there are still some crazies like me trying to finish the ends of novels.

1 comment:

  1. Reunions with good friends are always wonderful!

    My goals were... sadly unproductive for April. Here's to a better May!

    ReplyDelete